Friday, Aug 21, 2026
English News
  • Hyderabad
  • Telangana
  • AP News
  • India
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Science and Tech
  • Business
  • Rewind
  • ...
    • NRI
    • View Point
    • cartoon
    • My Space
    • Education Today
    • Reviews
    • Property
    • Lifestyle
E-Paper
  • NRI
  • View Point
  • cartoon
  • My Space
  • Reviews
  • Education Today
  • Property
  • Lifestyle
Home | Entertainment | Zendaya Skips Venice Premiere Due To Actors Strike

Zendaya skips Venice premiere due to actors strike

Luca Guadagnino's "Challengers”, starring Zendaya, has been pulled from the Venice Film Festival, where it was to be the opening night film, due to the actors strike.

By AP
Published Date - 22 July 2023, 01:30 PM
Zendaya skips Venice premiere due to actors strike
whatsapp facebook twitter telegram

New York: Luca Guadagnino’s “Challengers”, starring Zendaya, has been pulled from the Venice Film Festival, where it was to be the opening night film, due to the actors strike.

The R-rated “Challengers”, in which Zendaya stars as a tennis coach involved in a love triangle, had been planned to kick off the Venice Film Festival on August 30 before opening in theatres September 15.

Also Read

  • Karisma Kapoor poses with Tom Holland, Zendaya
  • Tom Holland, Zendaya ‘pictured’ in Kerala’s Munnar
  • Men are rocking skirts and how!

But with actors striking from working or promoting their films — including walking any red carpets — distributor MGM, which is owned by Amazon Studios, will instead open “Challengers” in theatres April 26 next year.

“After thoughtful consideration with our partners, and given the parameters that SAG-AFTRA has outlined for its membership, we have made the difficult decision to withdraw Challengers’ from this year’s Venice International Film Festival,” MGM said in a statement Friday.

“We look forward to celebrating the film when we can do so with our ensemble cast, director Luca Guadagnino and the filmmaking team at a later date.” “Challengers”, which co-stars Josh O’Connor and Mike Faist, is the first major fall festival film to drop out due to the ongoing actors and writers strikes.

But many in the film industry are anxiously watching how long the strikes drag on and how they might disrupt the major fall film festivals.

Venice, followed by the Telluride, Toronto and New York festivals, are hugely important launching pads for fall movies. But their premieres could be muted without stars in attendance.

Venice organisers announced Friday that Edoardo De Angelis’s “Comandante” will instead open the 80th Venice Film Festival next month.

Several films set for release in August have also been delayed due to the strike.

A24’s “Problemista” has been taken off the release schedule. The film, by Julio Torres and starring Tilda Swinton, had been set to open August 24. And Lionsgate is delaying Marc Foster’s “Wonder” spinoff “White Bird” from August 18 until later in the year.

  • Follow Us :
  • Tags
  • Amazon Studios
  • Challengers
  • Venice Film Festival
  • Zendaya

Related News

  • Spider-Man: Brand New Day crosses Rs 400 crore in India

    Spider-Man: Brand New Day crosses Rs 400 crore in India

  • Christopher Nolan says his adaptation of The Odyssey stays true to Homer’s vision

    Christopher Nolan says his adaptation of The Odyssey stays true to Homer’s vision

  • ‘Spider-Man: Brand New Day’ earns over US$ 900 million at global box office

    ‘Spider-Man: Brand New Day’ earns over US$ 900 million at global box office

  • Spider-Man: Brand New Day crosses Rs 200 crore in India

    Spider-Man: Brand New Day crosses Rs 200 crore in India

Latest News

  • NTA defends Rs 200 answer key challenge fee, says it benefits all candidates

    4 hours ago
  • Magnitude 6.7 earthquake strikes southern Peru; no damage reported

    4 hours ago
  • Iran accuses US of ‘economic war’ as Trump threatens tougher sanctions

    4 hours ago
  • Opinion: Section 22-A and Right to Property

    5 hours ago
  • Houthis claim drone attacks on Saudi airport, Aramco facility

    5 hours ago
  • Editorial: Trump’s tariff tantrums fail to dent India’s exports

    6 hours ago
  • India U-20 held to 0-0 draw by Yemen in friendly

    6 hours ago
  • East Bengal women smash 12-0 record win in AFC Women’s Champions League

    6 hours ago

company

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy

business

  • Subscribe

telangana today

  • Telangana
  • Hyderabad
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Andhra Pradesh
  • Science & Tech
  • Sport

follow us

  • Telangana Today Telangana Today
Telangana Today Telangana Today

© Copyrights 2024 TELANGANA PUBLICATIONS PVT. LTD. All rights reserved. Powered by Veegam